Thanksgiving is happening at your Aunt Muriel’s again this year, and she prides herself on her ability to cook anything from her 1950's edition of Betty Crocker. Here are the strangest recipes you may be forced to pretend to enjoy. These pairings may not save dinner, but at least make Muriel’s cat stories more interesting.
1. Ham and Bananas Hollandaise & Gewürztraminer
Heavy Sauces can be helped with a bright white, high in acid. Nothing can help those bananas.
2. Liver Sausage Pineapple & Syrah
Syrah pairs great with most red meats, no matter what shape they come in.
3. Frozen Jellied Turkey Vegetable Salad & Unoaked Chardonnay
Those peas didn’t deserve this.
4. Lime Cheese Salad & Sauvignon Blanc
Pairs great with the seafood salad and lime Jell-O!
5. Fruit Patio Platter – With Mayonnaise! & Pinot Grigio
Lemonade and Mayo, everyone’s favorite summertime treat
6. Tuna Fish Mold & Oregon Pinot Noir
The A-1 really brings out the earthy notes of the wine
7. Tomato Ham Buffet Ring & Red Zinfandel
-The texture - (*shutters*)
8. Jellied Tomato Refresher & Dry Rose
This in no way reminds me of the surgery channel
9. Igloo Meatloaf & Cabernet Sauvignon
This Little guy is actually kind of cute
10. Furter-Bursting Tater Squirters & Riesling
Of course there’s pimento in the mashed potatoes!
Editor: Mr. Max
We work, live, breathe and of course drink the beverage world. This is where we nerd out.